Thank you for applying to VTRAC opportunities. Please e-mail your resume as a MS-WORD document in confidence Subject: Civil Design Engineer, Attention: [email protected] or call: (647) 254-0904
Position: Civil Design Engineer
Position Type: Permanent
No. of Positions: 1
Location: Calgary, AB, Hybrid remote
About the Position:
In the role of a Design Engineer, you will primarily collaborate with the VP of Civil Engineering and the rest of our team to ensure the successful delivery of projects within the land development and municipal sectors. Our flexible work arrangement enables a combination of office and remote workdays throughout the week.
Collaborate closely with the VP of Civil Engineering, project managers, project engineers, and drafting technicians to ensure the timely and cost-effective delivery of high-quality projects encompassing a variety of land development and municipal initiatives.
• Engage in the design of various municipal and land development projects.
• Conduct meticulous reviews of technical drawings, details, and specifications to uphold quality and oversight.
• Provide supervision for junior engineers and technologists.
• Assist in the preparation of project proposals.
• Foster relationships for potential collaborations with other firms.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized university.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in engineering, specifically within the municipal and land development domains.
• Active membership in the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA) for candidates in the Calgary area, or with the Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia (EGBC) for those in Victoria, BC.
• Proficiency in Civil 3D software.
• Experience in Stormwater Management design is advantageous.
• Strong skills in presentation, verbal and written communication, and interpersonal relations.
• Excellent technical aptitude and meticulous attention to detail.
We thank all candidates in advance. Only selected candidates for interviews will be contacted. For other exciting opportunities, please visit us at www.vtrac.com. VTRAC is an equal opportunity employer.