VTRAC Consulting Corporation
Thank you for applying to VTRAC opportunities. Please e-mail your resume as a MS-WORD document in confidence Subject: Data Management Analyst (Contract); JOB: # 21- 00168 Attention: [email protected] or call (416) 366-2600 ext. 242
Position No.: # 21- 00168
Title: Data Management Analyst
Type: 18 month Contract
No. of Positions: 1
Location: Toronto Downtown
A global financial organization, that offers a suite of financial products across a range of asset classes, investment styles and geographies.
The Senior Data Management Analyst is generally responsible for providing first line client support, product support as well as data, project & process integrity support. The incumbent primarily focuses on one of the four functional areas within GPS Support Services and is expected to spend no less than 70% of his/her time in the assigned focus area and up to 30% in the other three areas.
In general, a Senior Analyst is expected to be self-motivated, works independently (only high level guidance or information is needed), escalates issues when appropriate to provide Security Master and Portfolio Support to internal business partners globally. The incumbent liaises and works jointly with team members in global locations to provide 6×24 support coverage; including leading research and analysis of non-standard GPS related data concerns (e.g. security master, new instruments implementation, reconciliation, portfolio position / cash) and acts as an escalated point of contact on data reconciliation issue resolution; oversees data reconciliation resolution to a satisfactory and timely completion. The Senior Analyst must exercise independent and business focused judgment while researching and resolving time critical and risk sensitive issues. Furthermore, the Senior Analyst acts as a data steward to ensure data standards, quality and integrity are maintained. The Senior Analyst also provides recommendation and leads automation and continuous improvement of daily operational processes as well as mentors analysts and administrators within the global team.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
• Minimum 5 years’ financial services industry experience in a data analysis capacity
• Excellent knowledge of investment products and global security markets is required
• Knowledge of market data services such as Bloomberg and Reuters is required
• Must have previous knowledge and work experience with data management applications (e.g. CADIS, Eagle PACE), order management systems (e.g. Charles River, Aladdin), portfolio administration applications (e.g. Eagle STAR, FMC), fund accounting applications (e.g. PAS, Eagle STAR), reconciliation tools (e.g. TLM), and data warehouse platforms (e.g. Eagle PACE)
• Must have a good understanding of the end-to-end investment services processes including but not limiting to trade entry, trade process, settlement, security master set up/maintenance, valuation, corporate action processing, fund accounting and reconciliation resolution.
• Must have in-depth and strong understanding of the Company’s data flow and the impact of different characteristics of GPS owned data (e.g. positions, cash, security master, prices etc.) have on downstream data consumers and business functions (e.g. compliance, risk, performance, portfolio management, etc.)
• Understands of the marketplace and global reach, and is mindful of the global nature of our business when conducting day to day activities. Understands the Company’s primary product sets and operating model.
• Demonstrated strong ability to process and assimilate data and information into meaningful management and reporting information.