VTRAC Consulting Corporation
Thank you for applying to VTRAC opportunities. Please e-mail your resume as a MS-WORD document in confidence Subject: Senior Fund Accountant Attention: [email protected] or call: (647) 250-7230.
Meets business needs by efficiently and consistently providing routine foundational HR and risk-management services to employees and managers, and provides project management support for the general HRBP team.
Employee Relations and Risk Management (40%)
– As assigned, work in support of the HRBPs with routine preparations related to department restructuring and job eliminations.
– Conduct research as needed in regards to case law, unemployment claims, subpoena requests, or other ER issues that the HRBP requires support.
– As assigned, manages routine, less complex employee relations & performance issues in conjunction with line management.
– Counsels & educates employees and managers on policies, procedures and workplace concerns to identify appropriate resolution steps.
– In compliance with local regulations and company policies, coordinate and communicate leaves of absence with employees and managers.
– In conjunction with the HRBP's, participate in region specific risk management activities to include projects, audits, process improvement and related activities.
Project Management Administration, Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement (15%).
– Assist project managers with prep and drafting of communications, maintaining project plans, and communicating regularly with project team members. Over time, gain proficiency and competency to run projects.
– Identify, recommend, and document opportunities for process improvements.
Foundational HR Services (15%)
– Provide support for the performance management process from goal setting, development reviews, talent reviews, performance reviews and year-end compensation review
– Serve as the global collaboration lead to ensure consistency and consolidation of information related to client initiatives and communications
– Analyse employee surveys and other feedback methods to identify work environment trends and improvement opportunities.
– Supports the HRBP in providing clients with HR related information on their staff and organization to support management decision. Support may include running of reports, creation of presentations or other methods to provide tools for decision making.
– Support HRBPs with preparations related to ad hoc training or educational sessions.
On-boarding and Off boarding (20%)
– Assist hiring managers through the requisition process and approvals. Including set-up of cost centres, reporting relationships and position management
– In conjunction with HR Coordinator, conducts on boarding and orientation for new employees
– Conducts exit interviews and coordinates termination processing.
HR Administrative Services (10%)
– Coordinates various internal HR meetings, including scheduling, creating agendas and presentations, distributing meeting materials and notes
– In conjunction with HR Coordinator, manages region-specific HR programs such as the Summer Intern program and cultural events
– Submit PeopleSoft transaction forms for employee changes in assigned client groups In collaboration with HRBPs and HR Coordinators, complete regular employee data audits and reconcile flagged data
– Incumbents typically have 4+ years of HR experience, ideally within financial services or asset management industries with progressive experience in advising employees and managers on employee relations issues
– Prior experience participating or leading local and global HR
– Proven ability to execute on foundational HR work such as routine employee relations, job requisition processing and system audits as well as various HR programs and project
– Proven ability to prioritize and accomplish a wide variety of assignments
– Ideally experienced at working in a matrix organization, preferably a global matrix organization.
– Experience analyzing HR-related data and reports, and presenting solid management information to help make good business decisions.
– Experience developing and delivering formal presentations to HR colleagues and clients
– Good understanding of employment legislation and HR best practices
– Solid business acumen
– Technical HR knowledge across the broad spectrum of the HR functions such as compensation, benefits, organizational development, people development, talent acquisition, employee relations, etc.
– Highly proficient with PeopleSoft and Taleo, and expert skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project
– Passion for delivering on a well-executed plan!
– Excellent interpersonal and proven relationship management skills
– Strong time management, organizational and planning skills; attention to detail
– Ability and willingness to question conventional wisdom when appropriate
– Ability to deliver difficult messages with tact and diplomacy
– Comfortable with ambiguity and the ability to adapt to change
– Ability to interact with and advise staff on all levels in a professional, calm, and confident manner
– Able to successfully work on a matrix, global HR team
– Bachelor's degree required
– PHR, SPHR or GPHR certification preferred
We thank all candidates in advance. Only selected candidates for interviews will be contacted. For other exciting opportunities,
please visit us at www.vtrac.com. VTRAC is an equal opportunity employer.
Toronto . New York . Houston . Atlanta . Miami
Tagged as: HR, Human Resources, Management