VTRAC Consulting Corporation
Thank you for applying to VTRAC opportunities. Please e-mail your resume as a MS-WORD document in confidence Subject: Senior Data Management Analyst (Contract); JOB: # 21- Attention: email@example.com or call 929-450-3050 Ext. 242
Position No.: # 21-
Title: Senior Data Management Analyst
Type: 19 month Contract, 37.5/Hours per week.
No. of Positions: 1
A global financial organization, that offers a suite of financial products across a range of asset classes, investment styles and geographies.
The Senior Data Management Analyst is generally responsible for providing first line client support, product support as well as data, project & process integrity support. The incumbent primarily focuses on one of the four functional areas within GPS Support Services and is expected to spend no less than 70% of his/her time in the assigned focus area and up to 30% in the other three areas.
In general, a Senior Analyst is expected to be self-motivated, works independently (only high level guidance or information is needed), escalates issues when appropriate to provide Security Master and Portfolio Support to internal business partners globally. The incumbent liaises and works jointly with team members in global locations to provide 6×24 support coverage; including leading research and analysis of non-standard GPS related data concerns (e.g. security master, new instruments implementation, reconciliation, portfolio position / cash) and acts as an escalated point of contact on data reconciliation issue resolution; oversees data reconciliation resolution to a satisfactory and timely completion. The Senior Analyst must exercise independent and business focused judgment while researching and resolving time critical and risk sensitive issues. Furthermore, the Senior Analyst acts as a data steward to ensure data standards, quality and integrity are maintained. The Senior Analyst also provides recommendation and leads automation and continuous improvement of daily operational processes as well as mentors analysts and administrators within the global team.
• Builds strong, long-term business partnerships with other business units.
• Proactively follows up on queries and requests received, coordinates within GPS groups and ensures resolutions.
• Takes initiative to identify and raise issues on complex problems, formulates solutions independently and knows when to escalate.
• Proactively initiates, leads and participates in continuous improvement initiatives including contribution of ideas, building of business case, documentation & presentation of recommendations, execution and delivery.
• Performs and owns analysis, User Acceptance Testing and rollout support on new business requirements/projects
• Acts as the point of contact for queries escalated within the team or from business partners.
• Mentor colleagues and provides training to the global team on new processes and procedures.
• Acts as a subject matter expert within the team (e.g. Complex Financial Instruments and Investment Strategies, Fund of Fund Process, Cash Management Process, Canadian Lapping, Industry Regulatory Changes, etc.)
• Maintain and update documentation on Support Services global and regional operational procedures
First Line Support
• Supports internal business partners globally by executing tasks outlined in the Global Data Operations Service Catalogue as well as the North America Portfolio Support Service Catalogue.
• Sets up, maintains, reviews and validates security masters, brokers and various reference data elements.
• Delivers production support tasks accurately and in a timely manner that meets established SLAs.
• Participates in the data reconciliation processes amongst various internal and external systems; ensures data issues resolved accurately and in a timely manner.
• Validate and ensure data override requests conform to company’s Data Standards; conducts research/analysis and escalates issue within Support Services as well as to appropriate Data Governance bodies as needed.
• Takes ownership and perform independent analysis on complex escalated position, cash, coupon payment and security master related reconciliation breaks requiring non-standard research and problem solving abilities. Ensures root cause is identified and participates in remedial actions to address the root cause.
• Maintain an overall understanding of the assigned investment strategy (i.e. cash weights, financial instruments within the portfolio, cash management, etc.)
• Responsible for cash management support by calculating / verifying current day and net investable cash in multiple currencies for portfolio managers and resolve discrepancies within established deadlines.
• Resolves all escalated position exceptions prior to market open and informs the investment teams.
• Take ownership to analyze the characteristics of new instruments to determine the associated data requirements and support procedures across all relevant systems. Lead the end-to-end testing of the data and process flow required for the new instrument. Coordinates new instrument responses, testing and approval across GPS as needed.
• Coordinates of Product Shelf changes (e.g. new fund launch, new institutional mandates, portfolio manager change, fund name change, etc.) related activities within Support Services.
• Act as a subject matter expert in complex instruments (e.g. derivatives, money market and fixed income). Documents complex instrument support procedures, shares knowledge and trains the global team.
• Leads and coordinates new data requests and data standards change requests. Analyze new data needs, recommends new and adjustment to data standards. Leads the research and analysis of GPS related data (e.g. security master, new instruments, portfolio position / cash) in support of the creation/maintenance of company specific data elements. Ensures data provided fits the company’s global needs.
• Liaises with other GPS functions to ensure integrity of portfolio related data (position, cash, security master, pricing, corporate action, FX, derivatives, etc.) via reconciliation resolution oversight, coordination and escalation globally.
• Acts as the escalation point for critical reconciliation breaks. Monitors and identifies critical reconciliation breaks assigned to all GPS functions. Leads, escalates and organizes cross-functional discussions to ensure reconciliation breaks pertaining to GPS are resolved timely and accurately. Engages and facilitates discussions with internal and external parties to expedite resolution on critical reconciliation items.
• Takes ownership in the production of management reports and executive level commentaries on the health of GPS reconciliation and other issues resolution. Escalates and keeps GPS Management Team informed of any critical reconciliation breaks and data issues globally.
• Work closely with GRS and GPS functional teams to identify opportunities to streamline the overall reconciliation resolution process globally. Leads and facilitates cross-function discussions on reconciliation resolution process improvements identified.
• Responsible for daily cash and claims management oversight.
• Inform stakeholders (e.g Investment, Compliance) on critical data integrity issues that impact them in a timely manner.
• Support reconciliation and audit process for specific accounts (e.g. Mortgage Corporate) as per SLAs defined.
Project & Process Integrity
• Proactively identifies and leads process integrity and effectiveness enhancement opportunities to completion. Takes ownership to develop new ways to identify and alert us of data quality issue pre-emptively.
• Leads prioritization, manages, organizes and monitors business requests for Support Services globally.
• Leads process improvements and project coordination globally within Support Services.
• Takes ownership in the definition, delivery and the communication of efficiency and data quality measurements. Monitors and keeps Support Services Leadership Team inform on these measurements regularly. Proactively leads discussions and works with Support Services Leadership Team to identify and address root cause if measurement not meeting defined targets.
• Responsible for operation reviews and controls. Initiates and ensures completion of data override regular reviews. Monitors the completion of manual new security master set up and double checking documentation evidence globally. Escalates to First Line Support managers if required documentation is incomplete.
• Trains global Support Services teams on new support / operational procedures.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
• Minimum 5 years’ financial services industry experience in a data analysis capacity
• Excellent knowledge of investment products and global security markets is required
• Knowledge of market data services such as Bloomberg and Reuters is required
• Must have previous knowledge and work experience with data management applications (e.g. CADIS, Eagle PACE), order management systems (e.g. Charles River, Aladdin), portfolio administration applications (e.g. Eagle STAR, FMC), fund accounting applications (e.g. Client, Eagle STAR), reconciliation tools (e.g. TLM), and data warehouse platforms (e.g. Eagle PACE)
• Must have a good understanding of the end-to-end investment services processes including but not limiting to trade entry, trade process, settlement, security master set up/maintenance, valuation, corporate action processing, fund accounting and reconciliation resolution.
• Must have in-depth and strong understanding of the Company’s data flow and the impact of different characteristics of GPS owned data (e.g. positions, cash, security master, prices etc.) have on downstream data consumers and business functions (e.g. compliance, risk, performance, portfolio management, etc.)
• Understands of the marketplace and global reach, and is mindful of the global nature of our business when conducting day to day activities. Understands the Company’s primary product sets and operating model.
• Demonstrated strong ability to process and assimilate data and information into meaningful management and reporting information.
We thank all candidates in advance. Only selected candidates for interviews will be contacted. For other exciting opportunities, please visit us at www.vtrac.com. VTRAC is an equal opportunity employer.
Toronto . New York . Houston . Palo Alto