VTRAC Consulting Corporation
Thank you for applying to VTRAC opportunities. Please e-mail your resume as a MS-WORD document in confidence Subject: Senior Enterprise Architect Position number: 9507 Attention [email protected]
Position: Senior Enterprise Architect (Application Design)
Position Type: Permanent
No. of Positions: 2
Location GTA, ON
This team works in an environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect. Aside from the great company culture, the organization offers professional growth and development programs to help advance your career and competitive benefits that include fitness reimbursement and discount programs.
The selected candidate will, in partnership with other Architects, define and maintain the Enterprise architecture roadmaps, define Enterprise Standards, Policies and Guidelines. This role will lead initiatives to introduce new tools and new technology to the Enterprise landscape. As a trusted advisor, the Enterprise Architect will partner with team members to evaluate technology strategy, organization, business applications, infrastructure and controls. The selected candidate will help team members evaluate and establish the business & enterprise architecture blueprints, roadmaps, technology lifecycle plans for business and technology alignment to reduce costs, minimize risk and increase value.
Responsibilities & Deliverables:
· Lead the creation and evolution of the Application Architecture function, selection and adoption of frameworks and methodologies
· Participates in and coordinates Architecture Working Groups for the development and maintenance of Architecture Roadmaps and Guidelines
· Document I.S. Application Architecture using multiple architectural models or views that show how the current and future needs of the organization will be met in an efficient, sustainable, and adaptable manner across the application portfolio; formulate plans to discontinue use of obsolete or low-value architecture components
· Lead and facilitate the creation of governing principles to guide solution design decisions. Collaborate with local, regional I.S. teams to deliver enterprise solutions that are scalable, adaptable and in synchronization with evolving business needs
· Promote shared infrastructure and applications to reduce costs and improve information flows
· Ensure projects do not duplicate functionality or diverge from architecture guidelines
· Collaborate with other I.S. stakeholders to create and document standards and patterns that can be leveraged for future re-use and actively seek opportunities to leverage industry solutions for new business offerings and services
· Review existing and emerging technologies and market trends to determine their potential impact on the enterprise’s strategy and architecture; develop strategic initiatives aimed at enhancing productivity and business functions
· Identify and recommend areas appropriate for further study and participate in any Proof-of-Concept projects required to thoroughly investigate architectural possibilities and strengthen arguments for their adoption
· Ensure technical integrity and consistency of solutions at every stage of lifecycle
· Compile business needs, process information and technical requirements to produce an optimal, high level, analysis and conceptual design for projects and new solutions
· Support the development of policies, standards and guidelines that enable the selection, development, implementation and use of Information Technology within the enterprise
· Guide the creation and maintenance of software design strategy and direction
· Work with third party vendors to develop and/or integrate their applications into solutions; ensure that applications are in accordance with product standards and guidelines
· Recommend and participate in the design and implementation of standards, tools and methodologies.
· Influence and communicate effectively with non-technical audiences
Skills & Experience:
We thank all candidates in advance. Only selected candidates for interviews will be contacted. For other exciting opportunities, please visit us at www.vtrac.com. VTRAC is an equal opportunity employer.
Toronto . New York . Houston . Palo Alto