VTRAC Consulting Corporation
Thank you for applying to VTRAC opportunities. Please e-mail your resume as a MS-WORD document in confidence Subject: Server Administrator – Windows & MS Azure; position number: 20-06570, Attention: [email protected] or call: 416-366-2600 Ext. 240
Position No.: 20-06570
Title: Server Administrator – Windows & MS Azure
No. of Positions: 1
Be part of modernization team and work with a group of innovative professionals who believe in not only delivering advanced solutions, but also helping to shape the way that business is conducted as an industry. This team works in an environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect. Aside from the great company culture, the organization offers extensive professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, and an exceptional and competitive compensation structure including.
The Server Administrator will focus on supporting, designing and improving the corporate server and cloud infrastructure. This includes installing, configuring, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all corporate server and cloud platforms to ensure optimal performance and sustainability. This role will also actively support current and future cloud application modernization initiatives. This role will be required to provide 24/7 support on a rotational basis. In this role, you will:
• Maintain Windows server system installation, upgrades, patch management
• Act as a central point of administration for the corporate applications, such as, Office365, Azure, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, SharePoint, VMware vSphere 6.x, Microsoft SQL 2008R2, 2016, Cisco CCX, Rogers Unison, Rubrik
• Support cloud computing initiatives and implementations
• Administer and enhance the Microsoft Azure platform
• Monitor, administer and improve the VDI and physical corporate Windows server infrastructure
• Act as a server and cloud SME for internal projects
• Administer and verify corporate production backups on a daily basis
• Act as a central point of administration & escalation for the applications
• Support and execute business continuity strategies for corporate computing environment
• Automation and scripting through R&D to identify areas for improved productivity and reduced administration.
• Daily monitoring of critical corporate applications and server uptime
• Ensure security compliance through Windows server patching, quarterly
• Document process and procedures with build books, guides, and diagrams
• 5 to 7 years of relevant experience in a Server and Desktop Computing environment
• 3-5 years supporting Microsoft Exchange online, Active Directory, SharePoint, Cisco VOIP 10.x, VMware, Windows 10, Windows server 2008R2/2012/2016, SQL server 2008/2012/2016
• Knowledge/experience with Sharepoint Online and Cisco Contact Center
• Experienced in PowerShell scripting & automation
• Experienced in application virtualization and on-premise to cloud-based migrations.
• Experienced in configuration and administration of MS Azure & Office 365
• Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of VMware ESXi
• Strong understanding of server-based environments and topology
• Knowledge of software deployment and patch management
• Intermediate knowledge of HP ProLiant DL / ML series server, Cisco Blade Infrastructure
We thank all candidates in advance. Only selected candidates for interviews will be contacted. For other exciting opportunities, please visit us at www.vtrac.com. VTRAC is an equal opportunity employer.
Toronto . New York . Houston . Palo Alto