How do I create the perfect resume?
Have you found the perfect job, sent your CV , and never heard back from the company, or recruiter that contacted YOU about the job?
We know that looking for a new job can be stressful, and your CV could say a lot about you. Our tips below are sure to empower your resume:
- Keep it simple: Use a basic, yet modern font, like Helvetica, Arial, or Century Gothic. Organize all the content by separating your personal data, professional experience and studies – and please, avoid having more than 1 page when possible.
- Personalize your CV: Each version of your resume should be catered to the position you are applying to. You are trying to give the employer a reason to hire you and unrelated experience may dilute important details about how you can contribute to the role and organization you are applying to.
- Write your accomplishments: It’s important to highlight what you have achieved in every job experience that you have had to let the employer know what makes you stand out above the rest.
- Start your sentences with action verbs: Verbs indicate action. Starting your sentences with verbs translates and helps the employer view you as actionable as well.
- Add your social media: The company or recruiter that contacts you will like to know if you are on social media. LinkedIn is a must, so be sure to add a link to your LinkedIn profile, and any other social media that helps to show your talent, on your resume. A link to a portfolio, or app you’ve developed is a great way to showcase your creativity and abilities.
- Don’t forget your professional references: You could have different ones depending on the job that you are applying to. Showing your references on your resume indicates confidence and lets the employer know that you have people to validate your successes.
If you want to find your dream job, contact through our job board section https://www.vtrac.com/browse-jobs/