VTRAC Consulting Corporation
Thank you for applying to VTRAC opportunities. Please e-mail your resume as a MS-WORD document in confidence Subject: Data Management Analyst, Attention: [email protected] or call: (647) 250-7053
Position: Data Management Analyst
Position Type: Contract (24 months)
No. of Positions: 1
Location Toronto, ON
● Proactively follows up on queries and requests received; coordinates within GPS groups and ensures resolutions.
● Take initiative to raise issues where appropriate, suggest possible solutions and know when to escalate.
● Participates in continuous improvement initiatives including contribution of ideas to build business cases, documentation & presentation of recommendations, execution and delivery.
● Participates in analysis, User Acceptance Testing and rollout support for new business requirements/projects
● Acts as the first point of contact for queries from business partners.
● Continues to learn and acquire knowledge on complex products and industry processes (e.g. Complex Financial
● Instruments and Investment Strategies, Fund of Fund Process, Cash Management Process, Canadian Lapping, Industry Regulatory Changes, etc.).
● Maintains and updates documentation for Support Services global and regional operational procedures.
First Line Support
● Supports internal business partners globally by executing tasks outlined in the Global Data Operations Service Catalog as well as the North America Portfolio Support Service Catalog.
● Sets up, maintains, reviews and validates security masters, brokers and various reference data elements.
● Participates in the data reconciliation processes amongst various internal and external systems.
● Validates and ensures data override requests conform to Company’s Data Standards; conducts related research/analysis and escalates issues within Support Services as well as to appropriate Data Governance bodies as needed.
● Participates in the analysis of the characteristics of new instruments to determine the associated data requirements and support procedures across all relevant systems.
● Supports the end-to-end testing of the data and process flow required for the new instrument.
● Participates in Product Shelf changes (e.g. new fund launch, new institutional mandates, portfolio manager change, fund name change, etc.) related activities within Support Services.
● Continues to learn and enhance knowledge in complex instruments (e.g. derivatives, money market and fixed income). Documents complex instrument support procedures, shares knowledge and trains the global team.
● Participates in new data requests and data standards change requests.
● Analyze new data needs, recommends new and adjustment to data standards.
● Liaises with other GPS functions to ensure integrity of portfolio related data (position, cash, security master, pricing, corporate action, FX, derivatives, etc.) via reconciliation resolution oversight, coordination and escalation globally.
● Acts as the escalation point for critical reconciliation breaks.
● Monitors and identifies critical reconciliation breaks assigned to all GPS functions.
● Contributes to the coordination and cross-functions discussions to ensure reconciliation breaks pertaining to GPS are resolved timely and accurately.
● Engages in discussions with internal and external parties to expedite resolution on critical reconciliation items.
● Contributes to the production of management reports and executive level commentaries on the health of GPS reconciliation and other issues resolution.
● Escalates and keeps GPS Support Services Leadership Team informed of any critical reconciliation breaks and data issues globally.
● Works closely with GRS and GPS functional teams to identify opportunities to streamline the overall reconciliation resolution process globally. Participates and contributes to cross-functional discussions on reconciliation resolution process improvements identified.
● Responsible for daily cash and claims management oversight.
Informs stakeholders (e.g. Investment, Compliance) on critical data integrity issues that impact them in a timely manner.
● Supports reconciliation and audit process for specific accounts (e.g. Company Mortgage Corporate – IVR accounts) as per SLAs defined.
Project & Process Integrity
● Contributes ideas to process integrity and effectiveness enhancement opportunities, and participates in delivering the enhancements. Participates in the development of new ways to identify and alert us of data quality issues preemptively.
● Participates in the prioritization, organization and monitoring of business requests for Support Services globally.
● Engages in process improvements and project coordination globally within Support Services.
● Contributes to the definition, delivery and the communication of efficiency and data quality measurements.
● Monitors and keeps the Support Services Leadership Team informed on these measurements regularly. Works with Support Services Leadership Team to identify and address root cause if measurement not meeting defined targets.
● Responsible for operation reviews and controls. Initiates and ensures completion of data override regular reviews.
● Monitors the completion of manual new security master set up and double checking documentation evidence globally.
● Escalates to First Line Support managers if required documentation is incomplete.
● Trains global Support Services teams on new support / operational procedures.
● Minimum 3 years’ financial services industry experience in a data analysis capacity
● Strong knowledge of investment products and global security markets is required
● Knowledge of market data services such as Bloomberg and Reuters is required
● Must have previous knowledge and work experience with data management applications (e.g. CADIS, Eagle PACE), order management systems (e.g. Charles River, Aladdin), portfolio administration applications (e.g. Eagle STAR, FMC), fund accounting applications (e.g. Client, Eagle STAR), reconciliation tools (e.g. TLM), and data warehouse platforms (e.g. Eagle PACE)
● Must have a solid understanding of the end-to-end investment services processes, including but not limited to trade entry, trade process, settlement, security master set up/maintenance, valuation, corporate action processing, fund accounting and reconciliation resolution.
● Must have a good understanding of the Company data flow and the impact of different characteristics of GPS owned data (e.g. positions, cash, security master, prices etc.) have on downstream data consumers and business functions (e.g. compliance, risk, performance, portfolio management, etc.)
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
● Strong interpersonal, conflict resolution, written and verbal communication skills to effectively build business relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
● Strong organization skills and detail orientation, with an ability to understand the big picture and work under pressure with tight deadlines.
● Strong research, analytical as well as problem solving skills.
● Self-motivation and ability to work independently under minimal supervision in a cross-functional global team environment is critical.
● Aptitude for mathematical calculations and ability to analyze detailed numerical data.
● Good Microsoft Office skills – in particular Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Project and Visio.
● University degree in Accounting, Finance, Math or business area of concentration (or an equivalent combination of education, training, experience that would provide the knowledge, skills and ability required)
● MBA an asset
We thank all candidates in advance. Only selected candidates for interviews will be contacted. For other exciting opportunities, please visit us at www.vtrac.com. VTRAC is an equal opportunity employer.
Toronto . New York . Houston . Atlanta . Miami
Tagged as: Accounting, Data, Management