Title: Remote Junior Business Analyst – Front Office
Type: 1 year Contract, Work hours approximately 12pm – 5pm; 3-5 days per week.
No. of Positions: 1
Location: Remote from anywhere in US
A global financial organization, that offers a suite of financial products across a range of asset classes, investment styles and geographies.
The Junior Business Analyst position is an opportunity to work closely with equity and fixed income investment teams. The Junior Business Analyst is responsible for assessing business intelligence and operations directly supporting the global trading and portfolio management process. This role will report into the Front Office Operations (FOO) Manager. This position is required to support one or more of the Front Office Operations
The Junior Business Analyst will support one or more of the five practices of FOO which include (1) Investment Platform Management, (2) Portfolio Monitoring, (3) Trade Implementation, (4) Client and Product Lifecycle, and (5) Regulatory and Policy Implementation.
• Daily execution of front office operations responsibilities
• Strong communication skills with investment portfolio management teams, global trading team, technology & investment services teams
• Produce, validate, and analyze reports needed by front office teams across the globe
• Reconcile, validate, investigate, and resolve discrepancies at the transaction, position, and security level in various front office applications
• Retrieve, confirm, and upload data from various source/vendor systems
• Create new reports, presentations, documents, data modulation, data representation for various business needs as required by front office operations, global trading, and investments
• Process transactions and ad hoc tasks as allocated by front office teams
A Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent certificate in Finance, Accounting, Management and Mathematics
Technical Abilities And/Or Other Specialized Skills
• Solid understanding of various asset classes (Equity, FI, Bonds, Stocks, Credit Default Swaps, Warrants, Futures, Options)
• Knowledge of investment business, buy-side processes, and investment products
• Experience in front office applications is preferred (Aladdin, CRD, Bloomberg)
• Aptitude for rapid adaptation to new systems/software
• Skilled in Microsoft Office applications; experience and ability to write and create macros and cohesive documentation
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
• Identify and collaborate with various investment and global trading teams
• Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of all information received and reported
• Possess thorough knowledge of various data reporting methodologies, techniques, and concepts
• Have excellent organization skills; attention to detail and accuracy is a necessity
• Strong self-initiative to meet deliverables and follow through with tasks until completion
• Demonstrate flexibility, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn
• Create energy and positive thinking: ability to cooperate and contribute in a team environment
• Strong written and oral communication skills and can interact well with all levels of management
We thank all candidates in advance. Only selected candidates for interviews will be contacted. For other exciting opportunities, please visit us at www.vtrac.com. VTRAC is an equal opportunity employer.
Toronto . New York . Houston . Palo Alto