VTRAC Consulting Corporation
Thank you for applying to VTRAC opportunities. Please e-mail your resume as a MS-WORD document in confidence Subject: Senior Software Developer, position number: 20-06571, Attention: [email protected] or call: 416-366-2600 Ext.
Position No.: 20-06571
Title: Senior Software Developer (J2SE, Spring,Microservices)
No. of Positions: 1
Be part of modernization team and work with a group of innovative professionals who believe in not only delivering advanced solutions, but also helping to shape the way that business is conducted as an industry. This team works in an environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect. Aside from the great company culture, the organization offers extensive professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, and an exceptional and competitive compensation structure including.
The Senior Software Developer’s role is to analyze, design, code, test, execute, assess, and troubleshoot software programs and applications. This includes researching, designing, configuring, developing and documenting software specifications throughout the production lifecycle. The Senior Software Developer will also analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports when required.
In the role, you will:
• Collaborate with Business Analysts, product managers and application architects in the initiation of new solutions and/or software programs and applications.
• Assist other developers in conceptualizing and developing new software programs and applications.
• Plan phases of the SDLC for a variety of projects.
• Assist in the preparation and documentation of software requirements, specifications and designs.
• Research and document detailed design of the business systems.
• Oversee the unit testing of program logic, data processing, and error resolution.
• Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
• Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements/upgrades.
• Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
• Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
• Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
• Generate statistics and prepare and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals/guidelines.
• Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or appearance of business systems as necessary.
• Liaise with operational teams to assist in resolving problems with software products or business systems and identifying and fixing root cause of incidents.
• Minimum of 8 years equivalent work experience.
• Expert in J2SE technologies such as; JDBC, Java collections, Java IO concurrency, multi-threading, reflection, EJB, JPA, JSP/JSF, JMS, Spring, Hibernate and Struts.
• Extensive technical knowledge of programming languages such as: C/C++, Java, Scripting languages ex. Perl and/or TCL.
• Expert on the following: Spring framework, SOA, Microservices, Restful API services, Web Services, XML
• Extensive experience with LINUX operating systems
We thank all candidates in advance. Only selected candidates for interviews will be contacted. For other exciting opportunities, please visit us at www.vtrac.com. VTRAC is an equal opportunity employer.
Toronto . New York . Houston . Palo Alto